Alright so I'm planning a trip, SE Asia, two months.
My friend and I will be landing in Bangkok, head south to get drunk. Then make our way north to Vientiane, Laos. Visit family or not. We'll go further north to Luangprabang, visit family or not. Have a good time, make our way south to my friends house in Savannakhet. Relax, travel around Laos for a bit get board buy a ticket to a surrounding country and relax some more.
I've got several things written down that I'd like to check out;
1. I'd love to find my way to Shanghai but it might not happen.
2. The Perhentian Islands in Malaysia, white sand beaches, reggae, hot Anglo woman frolicking in the sand.
3. Bokor Hill Station near Kampot, Cambodia. An old town now a ghost town, complete with the king's old holiday palace and run down casino.
4. Because we'll be staying in Savannakhet which is roughly 6hrs away by bus to Hue, Vietnam and to keep it fairly cheap we might not do Hanoi and/or Saigon. So central Vietnam will have to do. From Hue we'll make our way south to Da Nang.
5. Mauy Thai at Lumpinee and Rajadamnern Stadium in Bangkok.
6. Renting a bungalow at the Gili Islands in Indonesia, mushrooms not legal but tolerated.
7. Bagan temples in Burma, I've been bugging my friend to take me to Burma but he says the government their don't like our kind (se asian), weird. I've also heard the guards will hold on to your passport and not allow you to take a cab and go further into town. But I've also heard of people being allowed to explore. I'll have to go see for myself.
We might not be able to do everything but man do I really want to.
Here's a random picture of Mexico City.